Thursday, May 21, 2015

Slowly getting there: Workouts #7 and #8

Sickness returned to the G household once again, and I used it as another excuse to avoid working out.

Workout #7 Results (Wednesday, May 13)

  • Squats:  3 sets of 5 reps with 35 pounds
  • Bench:  ??? (I don't remember)
  • Dead  Lifts: 1 set of 5 reps with 45 pounds

Workout #8 Results (Thursday, May 21)

  • Squats:  3 sets of 5 reps with 45 pounds
  • Overhead Press:  3 sets of 5 reps with 15 pounds
  • Dead  Lifts: 1 set of 5 reps with 55 pounds
In my most recent session, I graduated from using the 15 lb training barbell to a standard 45 lb barbell for my squats.  It will be several more workouts before I can make the same upgrade while doing overhead presses.  I had a decent form once I made it to the 3rd set of reps for my overhead presses.  However, my husband was not satisfied with my progress and I will keep lifting the same amount of weights for my next session.

No comments:

Post a Comment