Monday, May 11, 2015

Let's work on that form: Workouts #5 and #6


My flexibility is improving, but my form is stagnating or even worse degrading.  My bench form Wednesday was mediocre.  I need to improve it before upgrading to heavier weights.  I skipped Friday's workout.  In Monday's workout my squat form degraded.  (I think this was fueled by my show-off pull up prior to workout.)  Instead of adding weights to the barbell, I was instructed to do 3 reps of 10.   I will continue to do this until my squat form also improves.  Monday's overhead press form was also terrible.  My husband said instead of lifting straight up, I was lifting in a "c" motion.  My dead lift form was also lacking.

Note to self:  No more pull ups prior to a workout.


Workout #5 Results (Wednesday, May 6)


  • Squats:  3 sets of 5 reps with 35 pounds
  • Bench:  3 sets of 5 reps with  20 pounds
  • Dead  Lifts: 1 set of 5 reps with 45 pounds

Workout #6 Results (Monday, May 11)

  • Squats:  3 sets of 10 reps with 15 pounds
  • Overhead Press:  3 sets of 3 reps with 15 pounds
  • Dead Lifts:  1 sets of 5 reps with 45 pounds
I want to start tracking my weight.  For consistency, I weigh measure my weight in the mornings. I am currently at 107 pounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment